I created the following video, using RaceRender3 software, by merging:
- Video data, obtained from GoPro Hero Session 4.
- Engine data (rpm, fuel injection time, cutoff status, throttle) logged using a Fuelino Proto3 board. The CSV file is available at this link: 20161230_Fuelino_Proto3_logdata.
The overlay data on the video is as following:
- Engine rotation speed (rpm), calculated from the time difference between 2 injections.
- Throttle (%), calculated after reading the Throttle Position Sensor signal
- Injection time [us].
- Electronic Fuel Injection cutoff status ("Brake" red lamp), determined when the injection is not performed, for example: when braking, and shifting gears.
I logged the data using Fuelino Proto3, using a Catalex Micro SD card module. This is just a test (it is the first time for me to use RaceRender). In the next step, I am planning to add some more interesting data, such as GPS (latitude and longitude position, and speed), and also IMU (Inertial Measurement Unit) obtained using an MPU6050 module. These are all cheap modules which can be bought easily on Ebay, Amazon, Yahoo, and quickly connected to Fuelino Proto3 (and further models).
The picture above shows how the control/logging unit looks like. The size is about 12 cm x 8 cm (Fuelino Proto3 itself is 5cm x 5cm). It fits easily under the seat. The 2 modules connected to Fuelino Proto3 are: Catalex Micro SD module, and Ublox NEO 6M.